Sunday, August 7, 2011

Endangering Myself

I've been passing by a tunnel that I really like to photograph.  More like have an idea of photographing it.  I just don't have much drive to do it, and no idea how to do it properly.

The plan was to shoot the tunnel while in motion.  Sort of like in a movie or something.  Like a warp special effect.  Problem is, I don't have a gorilla pod.  Hell, I don't even have a decent tripod yet.  So I've been trying to figure out how to do it but really just taking it lightly.  It was a dangerous photoshoot after all.

But an assignment came up which lead me to finally
get this thing done.  Having this particular shot in mind, I went out on my motorcycle, figured a test setting, and tried it on the road.  It's the shutter speed that gave me a little hard time.  So I rode my motorcycle, take a couple of shots, park by, check the images, change settings, the do over.  It was until I found a satisfying settings, that I went straight to the tunnel, take some shots while going back and forth through it.  It's a good thing it was about 3 am that time.  Not a lot of vehicles around.


Lots of trials and errors but I got an "okay" shot that I think should satisfy my craving... at least for a while.

1 comment: